Crosby Wellness Center, 2005 Mizell Ave., Winter Park, Florida, United States of America ● Winter Park, FL, USA Req #3447
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Position Title: Fitness Assistant
Location: Crosby Wellness Fitness
Type: Part time
Join our team of full time and part time staff at Crosby Wellness Fitness. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The part time Fitness Assistant is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service for members and guests by maintaining order and safety on the fitness floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee all interactions on the fitness floor and maintain a safe environment for all members and guests of the center.
2. Schedule all appointments for fitness assessments, orientations and follow up appointments complying with established protocols.
3. Provide fitness floor supervision, orientations and basic exercise instruction for members and guests.
4. Arrive as first responder to all medical emergencies with urgency, bringing AED and additional first aid supplies. Complete incident report for all medical emergencies.
5. Assist in the planning and implementation of member retention programs.
6. Promote and effectively sell all ancillary services including, but not limited to personal training, medically integrated programs, wellness coaching and nutrition services.
7. Maintain knowledge of all events and activities within the center.
8. Perform facility rounds every 30-60 minutes including monitoring of all pool, locker rooms and fitness related areas.
9. Perform opening and closing procedures on weekdays, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
10. Maintain cleanliness of fitness areas and equipment, inspect equipment and upholstery and report any required maintenance or repair, removing the equipment from service until maintenance is completed.
11. Ability to lift 45 pounds.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Enrolled in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education program and working towards a bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prior part time work experience or an internship in the fitness industry preferred.
• Must be outgoing, personable and have the ability to motivate members and actively teach assigned courses.
• CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
• Nationally recognized NCCA accredited certification preferred.
• Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required as needed.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
• Proficient computer skills.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crosby Wellness Center, 2005 Mizell Ave., Winter Park, Florida, United States of America
- Winter Park, FL, USA