Child Care Associate
Position Title: Child Care Associate
Location: ProHealth West Wood Health & Fitness Center
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at ProHealth West Wood Health & Fitness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers.
The Child Care Associate is responsible for providing child care services in a safe, caring, secure and effective manner with age appropriate interactions, play activities, and experiences for the children within the determined age range.
1. Greet children and parents in a positive manner, while monitoring appropriate entry and exit of adults and children in and out of the secured child care area according to center policy.
2. Lead daily crafts and activities for all age and skill levels and provide positive age appropriate interactions.
3. Be knowledgeable of and enforce the Center’s child care policies to ensure a safe environment for all children.
4. Provide parents and children a comfortable, safe and secure environment in a friendly setting.
5. Be receptive to parent's feedback, concerns and/or questions related to child care; including appropriate follow up with supervisor for support as needed.
6. The ability to lift and carry infants and toddlers.
7. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
8. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
9. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
10. Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• 1 year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
• Minimum 6 months related child care experience or training preferred.
• CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
• Proficient computer skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Wood Health & Fitness Center, 2900 Golf Rd., Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America