Under the supervision of the Director of Administrative Services, and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, the Accounting Clerk is a member of a team that is responsible for supporting business and administrative transactions for Association Centers.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Associate’s degree in a related field preferred; Minimum of two (2) years’ administrative experience and working in an office environment is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize efficiently, reliable, and provide quick and accurate data entry.
- Must be able to master proprietary software and have experience with a variety of software applications with computer proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Must demonstrate leadership and the ability to work well with others.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 required within 60 days of hire.
- Complete and maintain required trainings to include: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Blood borne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
- Contingent upon acceptable credit report results.
- Supports the mission, vision, and goals of the YMCA.
- Promote a professional values-based culture by leading with the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
- Records Accounts Payable activity in reconciliation software.
- Enters monthly journal entries.
- Entry preparation and generating reports.
- Supports the Association’s Purchasing Card System and needs to include but not be limited to training, auditing cardholder statements, maintaining files, and generating monthly reports and statements.
- Maintains vendor contracts for annual Independent Contractor audit.
- Assists in preparation for Association Annual 1099 Filing.
- Provides documentation related to Reserve Purchases, Capital Campaign Expenses, and Assets to be capitalized.
- Maintain the Volunteer Matters database as it relates to Advisory Board data and special events.
- Special Projects and other related duties as assigned by the Director of Administrative Services and CFO.
- Assist Child Care department with tracking and documentation for Department of Social Services.
- Assist Child Care department with USDA monthly submission.
- Assist with Guardian application process.
- Assist with Annual Campaign support at the center level.
- Internal Controls: safe and cash handling audits.
- Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan, in a timely manner.
- Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow center Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Emotional Maturity,
Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to master proprietary software
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain Accounts Payable and Purchasing Card records.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage numerous projects.
- Ability to identify cash handling and reconciliation issues.
- Ability to reason and define difficult problems with direction as to means and results
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position, which include mobility for travel to onsite support of Centers (various locations as needed), conferences, touring facilities, properties and participating in promotional and special events sponsored by the Association.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 10 lbs.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.92
- Max Hiring Rate $16.16
- Center Services, 41 Old Oyster Point Road, Newport News, Virginia, United States of America