in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, the Business Analyst will conduct ongoing enterprise-level analysis of primary and secondary research and provide insights on research findings, market trends, voice of customer, competitive landscape, and consumer purchase behaviors. This position will draft, execute, and analyze enterprise-level data to include NPS, feedback including, membership experience, programs, donors, and childcare. The Business Analyst will report on the results and give recommendations on next steps. This position will work with the marketing team to track and report ROI and results. The Business Analyst will interpret sales trends and track changes in consumer demographics, preferences, and buying habits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Y-USA Multi-Team Leader Certification (or equivalent) required within two years and must begin working towards certification within 6 months.
- Experience using databases and reporting from data warehouses preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft products including Word, Qualtrics, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to communicate with staff members at all levels.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 within 60 days of hire.
- New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of the YMCA.
- Promote a professional work environment through character development by modeling the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of the community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Ensure all customer research projects are designed and executed to the highest standards: identifies analytical needs, determines optimal methods, guides analysis, and delivers actionable recommendations.
- Ensure analyses meet and are aligned to the strategic plan; able to prioritize resources to reflect organizational priorities
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to create more impactful insights and understanding (leveraging new and historical custom research, syndicated data, advanced analytics, secondary research, and trends)
- Represent the voice of the customer by analyzing data on key customer needs, wants, concerns, and “jobs to be done”, including the major product use issues and feedback
- Design, develop and complete analyses for regular user insights and strategic deep dives.
Membership, Donor, Employee, Program Participant Engagement and Retention
- Partner with the program lines on campaigns, track and report ROI and membership results.
- Present findings and formulate action items for consideration and approval.
- Follow PIMA type reports by center to understand the changing landscape of the area’s demographics.
Systems and Data Governance
- Update and maintain infrastructure and all aspects of operations software to align with association goals and needs.
- Create reporting tools and provide analysis of information housed in the association membership database and related software systems.
- Act as a liaison between the association and assigned software vendors.
- Serve as Association superuser and ‘help desk’ for centers as it relates to the above-defined customer-related software products.
- Coordinate Program data entry and ensure quality through auditing.
- Manage, train, and provide resources for users of the above-defined member-related software products.
- Develop and deliver training curricula to new and current users.
- Ensure customer and transactional procedures result in high-quality member service. Per association needs, provide leadership in altering procedures as needed.
- Assist with budget management for the department working closely with the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan.
- Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow the center Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
- Carry out other related duties as deemed necessary.
YMCA Competencies (Multi-Team Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Emotional Maturity, Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Developing Self & Others, Philanthropy, Change Leadership, Fiscal Management.
Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with quantitative ability.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies.
- Ability to reason effectively, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form, and produce a report
Ability to manage a broad range of research projects in a fast-paced work environment
Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position, which include mobility for travel to conferences, touring facilities, properties, and participating in promotional and special events sponsored by the Association.
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $46,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, 41 Old Oyster Point Road, Newport News, Virginia, United States of America