Bus Driver - Day Camp
Luter Family YMCA, 259 James Street , Smithfield, Virginia, United States of America Req #1579
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world—a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
Drive the Future: Become a Bus Driver
Earn up to $17 an hour driving for our camp program. Each route includes a child care attendant supervising the children. Does making a difference in the lives of the youth in your community interest you? Click to apply!
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor, the CDL Bus Driver shall be responsible for providing a safe, caring environment for the school age and camp participants in accordance with the Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA Transportation Policy and Virginia Department of Social Services Child Care Licensing Standards. The CDL Bus Driver shall transport the children to and from designated schools and/or field trips as assigned in a safe manner. The CDL Bus Driver shall maintain cleanliness of the vehicles, conduct pre-trip inspections, weekly inspections as assigned, and complete all required logs and documentation regarding the vehicles.
1. Minimum of 21 years old.
2. High School diploma or equivalent required.
3. Virginia Commercial Driver’s License, Class C, (Passenger endorsement w/ air brakes if applicable)
4. Complete DOT CDL physical/drug test.
5. Driving record must meet the requirements set forth by the YMCA’s insurance provider.
6. At least one year experience driving a commercial vehicle with passengers and experience with children preferred.
7. Proof of a negative TB test within the last 2 years.
8. Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 required within 30 days of hire.
9. Complete and maintain required trainings to include: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
10. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, Virginia State Police background check, and Child Protective Services check.
1. Support the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
2. Promote a professional work environment through character development by modeling the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
3. Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
4. Transport an assigned group of children to and from designated schools and/or field trips as assigned.
5. Maintain cleanliness of the vehicles, conduct pre-trip inspections, weekly inspections as assigned, and complete all required logs and documentation regarding the vehicles.
6. Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
7. Follow department Platinum standards.
8. Maintain a positive and respectful manner of communication with children, staff and parents.
9. Act as an ambassador of the YMCA in behavior and relationships established therein.
10. Treat all equipment and property with respect and in a responsible manner.
11. Provide a safe, caring environment for the school age and camp participants in accordance with the Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA Transportation Policy and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
12. Wear staff uniform and name tag, or professional attire when appropriate.
13. Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan.
14. Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow branch Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
15. Carry out other related duties as deemed necessary by the Youth and Family Services Director and branch administration to assure the overall success of the program and safety of the children and staff.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Emotional Maturity, Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Developing Self & Others, Philanthropy
Skills and Ability Requirements:
1. Ability to communicate and work with assigned ages and skill levels and provide necessary instruction to participants.
2. Ability to observe participants, assess appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
3. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to assigned activities.
4. Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergencies and those situations requiring first aid.
Effect on End Results:
1. The membership growth and retention plan for the branch is achieved.
2. A high degree of member satisfaction is achieved as measured by Net Promoters.
3. A positive image of the YMCA is portrayed to members, staff, volunteers and the community.
4. A pleasant and comfortable working environment is maintained for all staff.
5. Relationships are strengthened through intentional interactions.
6. The facility will be safe, clean and an enjoyable place as measured by Q Checks and Risk Management Audits.
7. Superior quality standards are met as evidenced by department Platinum Score Results and maintaining licensure.
Excellent benefits, including 12% retirement upon meeting the requirements of the National YMCA Retirement Fund. Includes YMCA Adult Membership.
- Job Family Day Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $17.00
- Luter Family YMCA, 259 James Street , Smithfield, Virginia, United States of America