Member Support Philanthropy Specialist
Fort Monroe YMCA, 8 Ruckman Road, Fort Monroe, Virginia, United States of America Req #1597
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world—a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
Under the supervision of the Director of Member Support and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, the Member Support Philanthropy Specialist is a member of a team that is responsible for delivering world-class service to members, guests and donors through a variety of contact methods to include phone, digital, and mailed communication. In addition, responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsula’s donor database. This position is an essential development department team member utilizing fundraising database system’s capabilities and accompanying donor data to enhance the fundraising success and donor relationship abilities of the Y.
1. Strong administrative skills, with computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and the aptitude to learn new software.
2. Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
3. Basic understanding of the nature of the YMCA as a mission-driven organization.
4. Communication - Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Attention to Detail – Must be focused and detail oriented.
6. Organization – must be organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently.
7. Flexibility – must be able to work independently, be results-oriented, able to establish and meet time schedules, and show flexibility when unexpected changes occur.
8. Friendly – must project a consistently positive demeanor.
9. Calm under pressure – must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations and conversations.
10. Speed – must be able to problem-solve and work quickly under pressure.
11. Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/O2 required within 60 days of hire.
12. Complete and maintain required trainings to include: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
13. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
1. Support the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
2. Promote a professional values-based culture by leading with the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
3. Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
4. Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
5. Promote and participate in YMCA fundraising efforts.
6. Carry out other related duties as deemed necessary by center operations to ensure an excellent member experience.
1. Manages Daxko system/donor database, including maintenance, global changes, and gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup projects with a high level of detail.
2. Be proficient in Daxko and Classy to support Center Executives with system education.
3. Processes all donations accurately and in a timely manner. Enters data in Daxko and updates Excel spreadsheets, preparing funds for deposit and transmits to all other programs to ensure accurate donor records. Collaborates with accounting department personnel to reconcile accounts and create timely development reports.
4. Generates timely invoices to donors based on monthly, quarterly, annual pledges.
5. Manages all development collateral invoices and promotional materials in support of the philanthropy efforts for the association.
6. Generates timely gift acknowledgement letters.
7. Provides data support to the philanthropy team in completing United Way.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Serve customer inquiries through a variety of inbound communication methods.
2. Answer inbound calls, manage and resolve if possible, escalate and route when necessary. 3. Document all call information according to standards.
4. Maintain donation and account changes, based on requests.
7. Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan, in a timely manner.
8. Ensure all members, guests, and program participants are in a safe environment and actively follow center Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Functional Expertise
Skills and Ability Requirements:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries.
2. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Must be able to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
3. Ability to reason and define difficult problems with limited direction as to means and result.
4. Ability to meet the physical demands of this position, which include mobility for travel to conferences, touring facilities, properties and participating in promotional and special events sponsored by the Association.
Effect on End Results:
1. The growth of the philanthropy department is achieved through superior quality standards being met and accurately represented in data systems.
2. Integrity of donor information is safeguarded.
3. A positive, trusted image of the YMCA is portrayed to members, staff, volunteers and the community that builds and strengthens engagements by intentional interactions.
4. A pleasant and comfortable working environment is maintained for all staff.
Excellent benefits, including 12% retirement upon meeting the requirements of the National YMCA Retirement Fund. 65% employee paid health/dental insurance, FSA, $25,000 Life/AD&D policy, vacation and sick leave. Includes YMCA Family Membership.
- Job Family Membership
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Monroe YMCA, 8 Ruckman Road, Fort Monroe, Virginia, United States of America