High Performance Project Engineer
Pepper Construction Company is a general contracting, commercial construction company. Our expertise is recognized throughout the Midwest. With offices in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin, Pepper ranks as the nation's 64th largest contractor and 6th largest contractor in the Midwest (ENR Magazine).
We are looking for a results-oriented, intellectually curious, innovative professional who has a bias for action and a commitment to participating in the mission of Pepper – To Continuously Improve People’s Quality of Life Through the Built World. We have one of the lowest turn-over rates in the industry. Why? Because we value the contributions of our team members
and are committed to a culture of continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
Will you be part of it?
Read below for some additional information.
High Performance Project Engineer
The built environment represents 40% of the world’s carbon emissions, presenting our industry with an enormous opportunity for meaningful impact. Inspired by these facts, as framed in Paul Hawkens’ book Drawdown, Pepper launched our environmental initiative to confront this challenge and make things better by reducing the environmental impact of our operations. Our commitment addresses both operational carbon (which a building emits during use) and those aspects of embodied carbon which we can affect (emissions associated with materials and construction processes).
We are hiring an individual to join the High Performance Construction Team. This role will aid in carrying out Pepper's Building High Performance Services during construction to improve upon our building performance goals to reduce carbon emissions in the built environment and work on projects that are leading edge in the sustainable building industry.
- Participate in developing carbon drawdown and high-performance building strategies for Pepper
- Support project teams for all green rating certification standards (LEED, WELL, LBC, Green Globes)
- Site visits on projects to monitor and document implementation of certification requirements.
- Act as a resource for technical support of high performance and sustainable resources to project teams.
- Review subcontractor's submittals and collect documents to meet building certification requirements.
- Provide written comments and reports with excellent grammar and spelling.
- Prioritization and time management skills including effective scheduling, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with building certifications such as LEED, Green Globes, WELL Building Standard, Living Building Challenge, etc.
- Intermediate level of Excel and working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the architectural and construction process
- Able to navigate construction drawings and specifications to find information
- Willingness to become a LEED AP within first 3 months of position, required
- Knowledge of local energy code requirements and ASHRAE Standards
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrate subject matter knowledge and experience on energy performance, embodied carbon, health and wellness, water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, materials selection, zero waste, policies and programs, and overall sustainability in the built environment.
- LEED GA and/or AP Accreditation, OR Living Future Accredited, OR WELL AP
- Experience using daylighting and energy modeling software
- OSHA 30 Hour
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD or other 3D modeling software.
CULTURE AND OPERATIONS:
- Ownership of the mission of Pepper.
- Participate in sustainability community organizations/events and committees
- Holds value for holistic sustainable construction and living
- Intellectually curious – a quick learner with a knack for innovation and problem solving, and a collaborative, solutions-oriented working style.
Bias for action; strong initiative and results-oriented
Please note: Pepper does not sponsor work visas.
- Cincinnati, OH, USA