Superintendents are responsible for the overall direction of field operations, completion schedules, and labor budget outcome of their construction project, including any Specialty Department work. He/She will direct and supervise all Pepper Construction field personnel and all subcontractors on the jobsite effectively to bring the project to a successful completion. Our superintendents establish a positive and effective work relationship with the members of the Project Team (Project Managers, Owners, Architects, and Subcontractors).
- Plan and schedule project, including short interval schedules
- Schedule manpower and develop a working budget based on the estimates and project schedule.
- Control job progress by managing subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs, adjusting to ensure a fair profit while maximizing customer satisfaction foremost.
- Demonstrate superior construction process knowledge, with an emphasis on MEP.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by recognizing and meeting all the client's needs.
- Provide leadership through team building communications, motivation, confidence, good judgment and listening to others.
- Manage and mentor other Pepper Construction Supervisors.
- Ensure that all parties understand the importance of safety on the project and educate all that need it.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or equivalent knowledge through construction supervision experience.
- Significant experience with at least 5 to 10 years as a manager of commercial construction activities in the field. Must possess superior construction knowledge and excellent personnel management skills
- Willing to travel in-state and out-of-state for projects, as needed
- Candidates with proof of vaccination preferred
Pepper Construction Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please note: Pepper does not sponsor work visas.
- Pay Type Salary
- Indianapolis, IN, USA