Concrete Superintendents are responsible for the overall safety, field operations, completion, and labor budget of self-performed concrete construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. The Superintendent will direct and supervise all Pepper Construction field personnel and all subcontractors on the jobsite effectively to bring the project to a successful completion. Our Superintendents establish a positive and effective work relationship with the members of the Project team (Project Manager, Owners, Architects, and Subcontractors).
- Plan and schedule project, including short interval schedules
- Schedule manpower and develop a working budget based on the estimates and project schedule
- Control job progress by managing subcontractors, solving problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control and safety control techniques on the job
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material, and equipment costs, adjusting to ensure a fair profit while maximizing customer satisfaction foremost
- Demonstrate superior construction process knowledge
- Ensure customer satisfaction by recognizing and meeting all the client's needs
- Provide leadership through team building communications, motivation, confidence, good judgement, and listening to others
- Manage and mentor other Pepper Construction supervisors
- Ensure that all parties know the importance of safety on the project and educate all that need it
- 7-12 years of experience in multi-story residential self-performed concrete construction.
- Prior experience building complex, large projects
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Understanding of site work
Please note: Pepper does not sponsor work visas.
- Pay Type Salary
- Barrington, IL 60010, USA