Project Engineer I
With offices in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio, Pepper Construction is a national general contracting and construction management firm that primarily serves the private sector. Pepper Construction provides clients the experience and resources of a national company, combined with the hands-on approach of a local company.
Project Engineer’s work with experienced Project Management and Field Supervision staff and assist with the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Safety is the number one priority at Pepper Construction and Project Engineers are expected to promote and exemplify safe work practices. Project Engineers are expected to work with people in all levels of Project Management and Field Supervision to establish operational priorities and ensure a quality project. They are also expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both internal and external members of the Project Team and support departments.
- Perform the following duties with support and direction from a Project Manager
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project Budgets
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation
- Utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts.
- Plan and schedule projects
- Manage jobs in progress including subcontractor coordination, conflict resolution, documentation and ensuring quality and safety on every job
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion
- Perform project closeout
- Share in the production and coordination of 3D object-oriented models from a variety of design documents and shop drawings
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in construction field
- Experience in BIM, Revit, 3D systems or similar preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine required upon hire
Please note: Pepper does not sponsor work visas.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA