HOUSE LEAD (NORTHERN - BRENTWOOD, CA)
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (HOUSE
Job Title : DSP – HOUSE LEAD
Hourly Rate : $19.00 to $20.00
Shifts Needed : All shifts available
Job Status : Full Time
Work Locations : Brentwood, CA
***DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME (COVID19), PEOPLE’S CARE IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING SAFE CARE FOR OUR CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CDC GUIDELINES***
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Paid Time Off
People's Care is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The DSP II HOUSE LEAD assists adults with developmental disabilities in their daily lives. Assists with complete care of dietary, hygiene, grooming, and dressing needs. Redirects behaviors with various activities including, walking, reading, games, math, and computer projects. This is an EBSH home; Level 4I experience required.
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in Individual Program Plan.
- Assist clients with bathroom needs.
- Change clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed.
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up.
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/facility (if necessary).
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED, CPR/FA, CPI, and DSP 1 & 2
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of professional or personal experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities (e.g. Autism) or mental illnesses (e.g. Bipolar) with challenging behaviors strongly preferred
- Minimum Driving Experience: Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, be over 21, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
The Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check, physical, etc.
- One location
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to get a medical/religious exemption and testing weekly.
- Job Function Job Tier 1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brentwood, CA 94513, USA