SAILS Group, Inc. Paid Internship Part-Time and Full-Time Direct Care Staff. Paid training provided!
Hiring for all shifts; including morning, day, afternoon, evening, overnights, weekdays, weekends and holidays. PT and FT hours available.
We are hiring in the Orange County area and we provide residential caregiving for adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities.
Who is SAILS Group?
The SAILS Group, Inc. (Supported And Independent Living Services) is an international agency committed to the quality of care, supervision and training of adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. With over 25 years of service, we specialize in the most behaviorally challenged individuals and are known for our holistic, non-aversive training methods. When possible, we help these individuals develop skills, earn income, and live an integrated life in their communities.
Why Intern for Us?
- We have an amazing team who are passionate and committed to our consumers' success and who will help and guide you along the way!
- We offer paid training to obtain outside credentials such as Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI)
- We are GROWING and there are many opportunities for you to grow with us!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for full-time employees
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Insurance for all employees
- Paid sick time off and Holiday Pay
- Paid Continuing Education training
- Access to National University with 15% discounted rates towards coursework
- Identity verification for obtaining bank accounts, cell phone accounts, and more!
- Raises and promotions for amazing performance
Join our team and be part of the change we are making!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide training on behavioral, social, independence and community involvement skills to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Will train and manage consumers using the Kids First Foundation philosophy and approach of always being “Fair, Firm and Consistent”.
- Implement the consumer’s objectives and behavior support plans as instructed.
- May assist individuals with their personal care needs (ADLs) as necessary to maintain hygiene.
- Report any and all incidents, behaviors and occurrences immediately to the support manager including incidents of possible abuse or neglect.
- Assist consumers with all their household chores as necessary.
- May supervise of assist consumers with medications as needed.
- Attend weekly contact meeting with support manager and monthly in-services.
- If and when working a night shift will be responsible for and alert to consumer’s nighttime awakenings and behaviors.
- Use physical restraint only as a last resort if the individual served is becoming a danger to self or others, using only CPI techniques.
- Possess High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hold a valid California Driver's License in good standing; with insurance
- Applicant must be certified in First Aid and CPR by the first day of employment
- Must pass background check
If you are looking for a career, where you can be that support system to the disabled population APPLY NOW!
If you are unfamiliar with the job title of “Direct Care Staff (DCS):
Similar job titles are Caregiver, Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Home Health Aid, Certified Nursing Assistant, Direct Support Professional or Direct Care Provider. Our goal is to provide a supported, independent, and safe living environment for our clients!
Please feel free to visit our website at http://sailsgroup.org/ for more information