DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL II-NOW HIRING!- Covina
Job Title : Direct Support Professional II
Hourly Rate : $16-18 DOE
Shifts Needed : Full Time PM Shift
Work Locations : Covina, CA
***DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME (COVID19), PEOPLE’S CARE IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING SAFE CARE FOR OUR CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CDC GUIDELINES***
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off
- Company Perks and Discounts
- NEW ON-DEMAND PAY!
People's Care is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Direct Support Professional II assists adults with developmental disabilities in their daily lives. Assists with complete care of dietary, hygiene, grooming, and dressing needs. Redirects behaviors with various activities including, walking, reading, games, math, and computer projects.
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in Individual Program Plan.
- Assist clients with bathroom needs.
- Change clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed.
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up.
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/facility (if necessary).
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED, CPR/First Aid, CPI, and MUST have DSP 1 & 2. RBT needs to be (completed on own within 6-12 months of hire)
- Minimum Experience: 1 year of professional or personal experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities (e.g. Autism) or mental illnesses (e.g. Bipolar) with challenging behaviors strongly preferred
- Minimum Driving Experience: Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, be over 21, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
The Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check, physical, etc.
Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated or have a medical/religious exemption with weekly testing in home.