Network Administrator – Travtech Inc., Fairfax Virginia
The Network Administrator position requires you to provide on-site and remote support. You will be required to work in our Fairfax, VA office location. In this position, you are expected to possess exceptional communication skills, technical skills and analytical skills.
The successful team player will be knowledgeable of the required products and systems. You are expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance.
· Maintain and support the company’s network infrastructure and connectivity.
o Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot using monitoring tools, alarm conditions and escalation procedures to remain within the organizations SLA standards.
o Participate in change management and root cause analysis interfacing with software engineering team, equipment vendors, and network service providers.
o Maintain compliance with the company policy and procedures to meet PCI-DSS, GDPR and NIST 800-171 compliance.
o Foster an environment of open communication to ensure positive employee morale, effective conflict resolution and flow of creative ideas for the benefit of the Company and its employees.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Good working knowledge of network design, solutions, and systems; knowledge of key technology standards around IT standards and service delivery.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with customers, associates and management; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Problem solving skills, ability to resolve conflicts; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
· Good problem solving and project management in a cross-functional environment.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in an IT services environment with CISCO IoS Switches, Routers and Firewalls, Windows Domain Environment, AWS (EC2, VPC, IAM, S3).
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family TravTech
- Pay Type Salary
- Fairfax, VA, USA