Strategic Procurement Specialist - IT
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Strategic Procurement Specialist - IT responsible for defining, developing and executing a sourcing program for key spend categories, with a particular focus on information technology (IT). In-depth IT product and industry knowledge is required to support our team through a digital transformation of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer-facing technologies
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Define spend categories across the organization, and prioritize spend categories based upon business impact on the company
• Identify cost drivers for each high priority spend category, research the market for each category, and understand key market forces
• Plan and guide business negotiations with key suppliers under each category to ensure successful execution of strategies
• Possess in-depth understanding of the operational needs of major business lines and affiliates similar to NJR from an IT perspective
• Work cross-functionally with the business and IT group to monitor and promote compliance of procurement policies and objectives
• Initiate “leading practices” to achieve process excellence in strategic procurement, stay abreast of industry innovations, and continuously improve the function and processes
• Measure and report on results against goals and established external benchmarks
• Bachelor’s degree in business, procurement or related field
• Five or more years of experience in purchasing materials and services
• Experience in procurement required, strategic sourcing preferred
• Information system migration experience
• Proficiency in procurement of IT systems
• Familiar with information system upgrades and transformations
• Highly developed business analysis skills
• Leadership skills including strategic thinking, fostering teamwork, effective communication and cross-functional collaboration
*This job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America