Director Project Management (Hybrid)
Houston, TX, USA ● Pennsylvania, USA ● Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1789
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Project Management Director leads the New Jersey Resources Storage and Transportation (S&T) business’s efforts for the engineering, construction and implementation of multiple storage and transportation projects. This includes overseeing an in-house Project Cost Engineer, and construction project managers from our Owner’s engineering firms.
Develop and implement program standards and oversee project process and transitions for S&T assets, ensuring safety, reliability, compliance, with cost and schedule adherence. Participate in all conceptual FEED studies for S&T growth opportunities.
• Oversee agreements with all vendors to ensure timely completion within budget
• Oversee the project closeout process; develop processes for reviewing project status and submitting collateral materials, designs, punch lists, construction reports, inspections, photos, financial and contract documents
• Manage project reporting functions to ensure transparency and to keep stakeholders informed
• Facilitate the negotiation and documentation of EPC agreements.
• Manage procurement activities and establish strategies for acquisition, delivery, receiving and tracking of project materials and subcontractor services focusing on quality, cost and timely delivery
Manage and oversee the permitting process
• Coordinate and facilitate the subcontracting process and subcontractor qualification process to ensure purchase orders and subcontracts are complete and clear in language as to intent and scope of work
• Develop productive relationships with suppliers, customers and key stakeholders to advance the S&T strategy
• Oversee the review and approval process of electrical and construction engineering plans
• Provide oversight and direction for major O&M projects
• Develop and approve commissioning test plans for projects
• Manage the commissioning test program, documentation and teams
• Manage construction permitting activities and ensure all required construction permits have been obtained
• Manage landowner issues at the various project sites
• Manage the transition process from post construction and site testing to field operations
• Assist with the preparation of various reports and presentations for senior NJR management
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts; work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility.
• Work with various departments to development and maintain operational processes
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering; mechanical, electrical, or civil preferred
• Professional Engineering certification or Masters’ degree in business/construction management preferred
• Project Management Certification required
• Minimum of 15 years of pipeline/compression project management experience, which includes project director roles for medium to large scale projects
• 20 to 25 years of industry experience
• Extensive experience managing FERC 7c certificated interstate gas infrastructure projects, which includes working with regulatory team and FERC staff
• Gas storage project experience (salt cavern or reservoir) a plus
• Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and interact effectively across the organization to achieve project results
• Strong knowledge of and relationships with gas engineering, equipment and construction industry
• Excellent communication and project management skills
Position is hybrid, located in our PA, NJ or TX office.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
- Job Function Director
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Houston, TX, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America