Manager Technical Support
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Technical Support Manager to be responsible for planning and directing the activities of the Infrastructure Technical Support group, including servers, active directory, appliances/devices, Office 365 and server patching. Ensures the team quickly and efficiently responds to inbound technical support issues and tickets. Participates in the development of annual and long-term system plans based upon knowledge of the current and strategic business needs of the Company and technology available to support the requirements. Provides consistent oversite on service tickets progress to ensure that the staff is meeting SLA and expectations. Manages complex customer issues, coordinates the appropriate technical personnel, defines workplan and deadlines, and drives communication until the issue is resolved.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the infrastructure team, providing guidance and direction as necessary
- Manages enterprise-wide servers, including VMWare, Citrix
- Manages storage across the enterprise
- Helps manages the enterprise Office 365 email platform including Exchange, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint
- Coordinates all problems, incidents and change management initiatives using NJR IT standard operating procedures and ITIL best practices
- Provides detailed RCA for any outages or major incidents
- Ensures infrastructure team is following NJR security standards
- Works with security team to implement existing security measures and controls
- Collaborates on business system architecture plans, assesses cost and feasibility of the system requests, and ensures the plan supports strategic and near-term needs
- Assists in the development of the department's budget and makes recommendations regarding spending decisions
- Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies, and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance and takes corrective measures
- Works with various functional managers to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
- Tracks progress of assigned tickets with a focus on meeting delivery deadlines
- Tracks and reports on metrics and KPI for tickets assigned to and handled by the Infrastructure Support team.
- Helps manage yearly audit process with audit team
- Integrates activities with business units and other IT functional areas to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Manages the Technical Support staff by supporting a team-oriented work climate that enables project team members to develop professionally. Values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration. Emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity, and cost effectiveness
- Ensures infrastructure meets or exceeds service level agreements and that operations align to support agreements and Company strategy
- Works with the DR Manager and Business Continuity team to ensure that the disaster recovery and business continuity plans support the Business Continuity Strategy for the overall company and business. Serves as backup for the DR manager
- Forecasts and plans data center equipment and project cost requirements in the annual budgeting process
- Works with Project Management team on resource planning and project forecasts.
- Helps manage yearly Microsoft True-up and EA agreement.
- Serves as a point of escalation for infrastructure related incidents; ensures the appropriate resources are engaged for timely action and proper traction.
- Manages vendor relationships with key partners and internal/external service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related IT field is required
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365, including SharePoint, Exchange Online, and Azure AD
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing an infrastructure technical support team
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Microsoft server technologies
- VMware experience required
- Understanding of current recovery solutions, high availability architectures, LAN, system administration and monitoring, and mainframe architectures is needed as is knowledge of crisis communication solutions
- Experience managing infrastructure related projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel for presentation and reporting
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising sound judgement
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication skills to convey plans, exercises, and activities. Must be able to interact with technical, non-technical, and management employees
- Available 24 x 7 to respond to issues, escalation and support off hour maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze and solve problems quickly with attention to detail.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America