Infrastructure Patch Administrator
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking an Infrastructure Patch Administrator responsible for overseeing, tracking, and scheduling of all infrastructure patching and infrastructure related firmware deployment efforts for a critical business unit function.
• Oversees, tracks, and schedules all infrastructure patching and infrastructure related firmware deployment efforts for a critical business unit function
• Maintains current knowledge of available patches, decides what patches are appropriate for systems, ensures that patches are installed properly, tests systems after installation, and documents all associated procedures
• Responsible for critical infrastructure server OS patch deployment as well as patching standards and processes to maintain server health across business unit environment
• Works with patch management and application vendors on the testing and deployment of patches
• Performs patch management and firmware deployment for critical infrastructure-based appliance.
• Performs software updates and patches for operating systems, applications, drivers, and firmware on Information Technology and Operational Technology systems. Tests and applies these in a timely manner
• Follows established NJR patch management policies and standards
• Utilizes knowledge sharing mediums to obtain insights into known vulnerabilities and available patches to secure NJR resources
• Interfaces with the security, application, infrastructure teams and patch management vendor to coordinate Windows/Linux/Unix server patching deployments
• Creates and maintains operational procedures as needed to ensure patching success rates and is the main point of communication for security patching
• Maintains and coordinates all patching maintenance windows and schedules with critical business unit
• Coordinates Windows patching deployments and schedules Linux/Unix deployments
• Maintains ticket queues for new patching or change tickets
• Supports the determination of patches needed and implementation of corrective actions
• Works with and manages cross functional teams to identify operational procedures and best practices in accordance with patch management strategy
• Manages the deployment of zero day or emergency patches
• Ensures overall service levels for server uptimes through patch management standards, enterprise images and driver packages
• Troubleshoots any issues that might result from critical infrastructure patching
• Associate or bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3+ years of related IT experience
• Minimum 3+ years of server patch management experience
• Minimum 3+ years of systems engineering/administration experience in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• Minimum 3+ years of systems administration experience with patching Linux.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience administering a Windows Server Environment, experience with Active Directory, Powershell and Group Policies
• Experience with Microsoft WSUS and BigFix
• Experience in Operational Technology environments preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with little or no assistance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to provide a high level of service in a professional manner
• Valid Driver’s license as travel will be required from time to time
• Position requires working during non-traditional hours for 24/7 support when needed. Must be able to work in a 24-hour rotating On-Call capacity
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America