Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
NJR Adelphia Gateway, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to implement and maintain electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, electronic and pneumatic equipment used in pipelines, compressor stations, terminals, pump stations, plant operations and measurement facilities.
• Install, inspect, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair and calibrate various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic equipment, and complete all appropriate documentation associated with the duties.
• Perform preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors, drivers and auxiliary equipment
• Performs Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems
• Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures and regulatory and tariff requirements
• Mentor fellow employees as needed
• Maintain electrical switch gear and power distribution
• Perform advanced engine/compressor/pump analytical testing; lead efforts to develop and implement changes that result from analytical testing
• Assist corrosion and engineering team with the evaluation, development, implementation and maintenance of facility grounding systems
• Install, analyze and repair security/intrusion systems
• Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed
• Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties
• Associate’s degree in a job-related technical field or equivalent work experience
• Five years of experience in operating and maintaining treating plants and compressors.
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high-pressure systems.
• Knowledge and experience with electronic equipment, high-pressure gas, processing equipment, pumps and reciprocating or gas turbine engines and compressors. Particular knowledge and experience working with equipment manufactured by Solar Turbines is a plus.
• Knowledge of Wonderware software.
• Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, And Outlook; experience with various operation systems and other company specific software; Asset Management Software (Maximo), Incident Management Systems (IMPACT), Learning Management Systems (LMS), etc.
• A valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
• Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
• Proficient with electronic test instruments
• Knowledge of process controls and gas processing fundamentals
• Experience preparing drawings of electrical circuits; reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
• Experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments
• Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements
• Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
• Basic math skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills, and customer focus
• Reliable team player with attention to detail and ability to take direction
• May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to frequently, enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
• May work in low-lit areas
• Be available for shift work when applicable
• This is a safety sensitive position
• Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies (within 45 minutes) during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device.
• Travel will be required to support those operations as needed, with some overnight travel possible; infrequent travel out of town for training or project meetings will also be required
• Overtime may be required and is anticipated
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salford, PA, USA