Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. Buyer, responsible for the sourcing and procurement of a portfolio of inventory stock materials, non-stock and special-order items and services to ensure the company is purchasing goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible while mitigating operational risk.
• Manage the sourcing and purchasing life cycle for goods and services related to the construction, operation and maintenance of natural gas transmission and distribution systems
• Partner with internal stakeholders to define requirements, conduct competitive bidding (RFx) processes, negotiate pricing and contract terms and create and maintain item catalogs
• Forecast requirements, determine availability and schedule procurement and delivery of materials for inventory stock using general accepted inventory management principles and Company information systems
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of current market conditions and their potential impact on cost, lead time and availability of supply
• Ensure optimum order quantity through analysis of all incremental costs associated with procurement of materials for inventory stock, i.e., inventory carrying costs and inventory acquisition costs
• Perform research pertaining to the availability of new materials and products; seek out sources that will provide the best-quality product, considering the function that must be performed, at the least possible total cost (price, quality, and service) to the Company
• Aggregate groups of similar services and/or inventory stock items into “bid bundles”; source, solicit and value-analyze bids, and negotiate/execute purchase agreements (e.g., annual contracts, pricing agreements, professional or master service agreements, blanket orders, open-end orders)
• Coordinate activities between vendors and business units to ensure specification compliance
• Promote strict adherence to all Procurement and other applicable policies and procedures, and recommend modifications as needed
• Ensure that supplier diversity is considered at both the tier-one and tier-two levels
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement around reporting, vendor management, systems and other processes
• Assist with supporting all systems and tools required by Procurement activities, including but not limited to systems related to purchasing and contract management, third-party vendor management and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, finance, engineering or equivalent work experience/training; energy industry experience is a plus
• 5 or more years of relevant experience with demonstrated track record of achievement
• Proficient in procurement practices including contract types; RFx solicitation; price/contract negotiations; purchase order, contract and records management
• Working knowledge of materials and inventory management, warehouse and stores, operations management, transportation, finance and accounts payable, quality assurance/control
• Industry experience with natural gas carrying pipe, valves and fittings (steel and high-density plastic) is preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
• Experience with Oracle ERP Procurement and IBM Maximo Inventory Management systems is desirable
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Sr. Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America