Training and Instructional Design Specialist
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Training and Instructional Design Specialist to evaluate, develop, and administer training programs for employees, assess training and development needs for organizations, help individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge. Present training sessions and monitor for training effectiveness. Design and oversee execution of training programs that utilize a variety of training methodologies (e.g.: adult learning), techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs.
- In conjunction with project and operational leadership, identify training needs and create appropriate and effective solutions based on proven adult education theories and best practices
- Review and provide feedback on existing training materials to determine effectiveness and relevance, incorporating any system or process changes as necessary
- Create and conduct Train the Trainer sessions as necessary and manage Subject Matter Expert relationships
- Uphold professional relationships with business partners to ensure accurate and timely understanding of program success and challenges
- Partner with project leads from NJR, consultant and system integrator partners in the successful execution of project related training act
- Effectively administer training in a multitude of mediums consistent with adult education theories and best practices
- Work with project teams and business partners to address learning issues, instruction programs or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments
- Schedule training sessions, organizes information, technology and other equipment and manages course enrollment
- Work with training coordinator to maintain and update accurate training records as outlined by company policies and procedures
- Gather participant feedback and measure effectiveness of all training programs
- Maintain a positive and professional daily attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelors’ degree in Education, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience is required
- A Masters’ degree or equivalent experience in Adult and/or Continuing Education, Education, Instructional/Curriculum Design is preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in instructional design, development and content delivery with a focus on adult learning theory is required
- Advanced understanding of adult learning theory, training concepts and storyboarding with a focus on experiential learning
- Thorough understanding of instructional design and curriculum development
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with e-learning authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate)
- Strong understanding of various learning technologies (including Learning Management Systems, scheduling and tracking tools)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level of analytical ability to evaluate programs for impact and effectiveness and identify problem areas
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal training sessions and interact effectively with client managers
- Ability to work independently and possess comfort in dealing with change and potential ambiguity
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the
supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Safety Town Office, 401 Fairfield Rd., Freehold, New Jersey, United States of America