IT Business Analyst
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
The IT Business Analyst to work with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Analyzes business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and identifies and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Collaborate with senior-level stakeholders and will have a unique, cross-divisional/departmental view of how the business works, and how technology ties into the core business.
• Maintain a lead role in business process mapping and design with business systems and functional process owners
• Interview business experts to elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
• Document requirements and determine project and system content for existing and new system requirements and requested enhancements
• Take an active lead role by collaborating with IT, user groups, and other team members as necessary to define and document current and future state Business Architecture
• Critically review, analyze, and evaluate business systems, business requests, and user needs to determine feasibility. Distinguish user requests from underlying exact needs
• Translate business functional and non-functional requirements into the appropriate business requirements document, functional requirements, process flow diagrams, business scenarios and user stories
• Participate in the creation of the project artifacts (i.e. Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Plans, etc.)
• Collaborate with customer and user groups, infrastructure personnel, development resources, solution architects, and external project teams
• Develop and coordinate testing procedures and quality assurance plans plus documentation for business system changes/upgrades
Basic Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or 5 plus years of related experience working within a business and technical environment
• 5 plus years of business analysis, requirements gathering and working with clients to deploy IT solutions
• Strong business process mapping experience, as well as an understanding of the relationship between business processes, policies, and technology
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with requirement gathering techniques
• Working knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle (Waterfall, Agile)
• Excellent communication skills including interviewing, documentation, and presentation
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word
• Experience in project portfolio management tools and requirement/development tools such as Azure DevOps
• Ability to compile and synthesize detailed information from various sources into actionable information
• Formal Business Analysis training and/or Business Analyst Certification preferred
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and follow up-skills
• Team player with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all organizational levels
• Ability to meet tight deadlines for deliverables
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity; must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America