Manager Property and Facilities
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Manager Property & Facilities to manage all property-related matters for NJR and its subsidiaries, oversee all real estate activities including leasing, site selection, sales, subleases, disposition, market research and financial analysis, lease administration, strategy development, construction management and vendor selection. Identify new buildings or construction opportunities to address the company's current and future needs Functions also include maintaining leasing relationships with owners and property managers, various general accounting tasks and budget preparation (O&M and capital) and managing special projects.
• Direct, plan, manage and execute all company real estate activities across its portfolio, including, but not limited to lease renewals, new site selections and new lease negotiations, construction management and developer agreements, sales, subleases, and lease terminations, lease surrenders, easements and right of ways, and other related real estate activities
• Manage all elements of property acquisition, including real estate due diligence analysis, guidance on alternatives, RFPs and lease negotiations, as well as purchase and sale contract terms, working with contractors, brokers, vendors, landlords, developers, consultants
• Manage all construction projects for both owned and lease locations including bids, selection, awards and management
• Manage all modifications and renovation planning of properties
• Collaborate with Facilities department to manage maintenance and project initiatives across portfolio of office space, operations centers, warehouses and other company facilities
• Manage all relationships with various utility and energy supply companies serving NJR facilities (owned or leased) including responsibility for centralizing all energy and utility usage data across the company
• Assist in the preparation of all O&M budgets associated with facilities and security
• Manage all Capital and O&M budgets with a focus towards cost management
• Coordinate and prepare capital budgets for all structures managed by the facilities and security department
• Manage all leases for NJR and its subsidiaries; maintain relations with owners and property managers of leased properties
• Prepare correspondence, lease renewal schedules, amendments and service contracts
• Assist procurement with the review and negotiation of all maintenance contracts
• Assist finance with property tax filing and tax appeal preparation
• Maintain and archive all architectural and building plans
• Serve as Project Manager on specific projects as needed
• Maintain support for compliance with SOX and other internal controls as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, real estate or related disciplines
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in property management, real estate or related area
• Commercial/industrial real estate negotiation experience with an understanding of commercial property practices, development, valuation and commercial property management principles desired
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with a high-level ability to multitask and managing various projects
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America