Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Network Administrator responsible for maintaining and administering networks for a critical business unit environment. Primary duties include the management and maintenance of networks, Cisco hardware, software, and other related systems.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves hardware, software, and other network and system problems for a critical business unit environment
• Replaces faulty network hardware components when required
• Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots network switches, firewalls, data diodes and routers
• Responsible for network device patch (switches, routers and firewalls) deployment for a critical business unit environment
• Troubleshoots problems, and network issues; recommends network and infrastructure enhancements based on new industry developments and business needs
• Evaluates current network to develop an enterprise network architecture strategy that supports growth focused on scalability, performance, and availability
• Serves as primary escalation for network related issues in a critical business unit environment
• Collaborate with NJR Cyber team on the implementation of security controls and directives
• Follows change management process regarding the implementation of network (WAN/LAN), firewall, and router changes to environment.
• Drives root cause analysis on networking-related issues and provides plans for remediation
• Works with network, telecommunications, and hardware vendors and suppliers as needed
• Ensures all network platforms and devices are fully redundant
• Maintains and implements MFA, RSA appliances and Tokens
• Maintains and implements LAN switches, VLAN changes, and switchport access control
• Participates in annual disaster recovery test
• Monitors WAN bandwidth utilization
• Manages network cabling installations in a business unit environment
• Security (SSL) Certificate Management
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience in Information Technology with a network engineering focus.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science is preferred
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of IT experience as a Network Administrator.
• Deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documents for the design and planning of network communication systems
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products via documentation and internet resources.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Deep understanding of network designs and topologies
• Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity issues
• Experience with Cisco firewalls, routes, and switches product lines
• Experience with network and security technologies such as intrusion prevention technologies, proxy, VPN and remote access technologies
• Strong understanding of network security and best practices
• Ability to work with all levels of staff in and outside of IT and the organization.
• Self-starter who can work independently but is also comfortable working in a team environment
• Experience in the utility industry is a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Network professional certifications are a plus (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
• Valid Driver’s license as travel will be required from time to time.
• Position requires working during non-traditional hours for 24/7 support when needed. Must be able to work in a 24-hour rotating On-Call capacity
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America