Warehouse Lead - Machine Operations - $1,000 Sign On Bonus Plus Incentives
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $20.93 - 30.98 hourly plus incentives
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
NFM’s Warehouse Lead is responsible for coordinating and directing all department workflow. They are the main point of contact for their department. This position is eligible for a $100 production based incentive per pay period and a staffing incentive.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Safety First: Ensure all staff have completed required safety and service trainings
- Assist: Work with management to maintain departmental policies, procedures, training material and communications
- Manage: Track attendance and time off requests for staff. Assign tasks to the team and monitor progress. Act as back-up to department manager/supervisor in the case that they are unavailable
- Coach: Train new and current staff on department specific equipment, updates to policies and process improvements
- Play Your Part: Complete various departmental projects as assigned, guaranteeing those are tracked and completed in a timely manner
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Monitor safety of your teammates by ensuring equipment is being used properly
- Set the Stage: Interact and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 18 years of age
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- 3 years warehouse experience
- 3 years customer contact experience
- Lead experience preferred
- Ability to lift, push, pull required weights per established requirements for the department
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to operate scanning equipment preferred
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
- As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Sign on bonus is scheduled to be paid on first paycheck
- Staff member must be employed at the time of payout
- Sign on bonus is taxable
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Warehouse
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kansas City, 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America