Database Administrator, MariaDB-remote
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining NCCI enterprise databases, working closely with Application Development teams to provide solutions to satisfy complex business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
Responsible for all database related activities including software installation, configuration, securing, database creation, monitoring of system health and performance of databases for reliability, performance, and accessibility. Write proactive scripts, stored procedures, and jobs to ensure that the databases are running efficiently. Perform yearly patching of software to stay current and to close down vulnerabilities.
Advises, educates, and works with application developers tuning SQL queries, and reviewing database configurations in support of performance problems and troubleshooting.
Advises, educates, and works with application developers to implement physical database designs and migrate database changes supporting project related efforts through various environments and into production.
Writes scripts and jobs supporting database backup/recovery procedures, maintenance, and integrity. Create and test backup and recovery plans to ensure that NCCI databases are recoverable from disaster situations. Ability to operate under pressure recovering databases when necessary.
Provides, documents, and maintains database standards, policies and procedures for effective operation, access, and control of DBMS environments.
Work with application development team to re-platform a collection of Oracle application databases to MariaDB.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years of Database Administration experience that includes multiple DBMS. In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required.
- Open-Source database experience in MariaDB Enterprise Edition or MySQL.
- Experience in Oracle.
- Strong Linux skills, including troubleshooting and programming (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of configuration, installation, patching, and upgrades of database software
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning, backup, and recovery
- Ability to develop policies and procedures as they relate to database management
- Familiarity with CIS benchmarks for databases and implementation of best security practices.
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 Database support environment as required.
- Must be results-driven, able to multi-task, and have the ability to execute efficiently on a variety of projects concurrently.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
MariaDB MaxScale, Galera cluster, and ColumnStore products
PostgreSQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI, PowerShell
MongoDB database knowledge, replica set configurations, PMM
Qlik (formerly Attunity) Replication software familiarity
VMware, vRA, Linux containers and virtualization (Docker), Kubernetes, Git
AWA scheduling application
Oracle Enterprise Manager, DBArtisan, DataDomain, RMAN, DBForge, HeidiSQL
Knowledge of High Availability options for supported database software
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
• A phenomenal work environment, with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
• A wonderful team of dynamic people to work with who are fun, caring and friendly
• A fantastic benefit package that’s hard to find in South Florida
WHO WE ARE:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Job Family 316 Technology Infrastructure
- Frequent Driver (Y/N) Driving Not Required
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boca Raton, FL, USA