Dining Cook (Part Time)
Dining Cook (Part Time)
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth. We reward hard working, caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
We are currently hiring for a part time Dining Cook at the St. Ann’s Home, located on the Irondequoit Campus. The purpose of this position is to prepare, cook and portion all hot and cold food items for the residents, patients, participants, employee cafeteria and to volunteer for special function meals and other duties as directed.
St. Ann’s Offers:
- Year – End bonus
- Competitive Wages
- 15hr. 6:30am - 2:30pm, 2 day/wk., e/o weekend & holiday
- Dental, Health, Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Responsible for proper handling and preparation of food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Prepares in specified amounts according to recipes, hot and cold food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all services.
- Daily reads and reviews menu, production sheets, leftover food items and recipes with Cook Team Leader and/or Executive Chef.
- Organizes and plans the work day to meet specific time deadlines and works according to needs in other production and service areas.
- Serve approximately 150-200 employees at lunch and vending requirements as directed.
- Special functions services for Administration, resident/participant, employees, and other activities in the Home and the Heritage.
- Responsible for reducing excessive waste through portion control, preparation methods, etc.
- Responsible for knowing the actual quantities of food items prepared, amounts used and leftover at the end of each meal service.
- Correctly stores leftover food items and other advance preparation by covering, labeling, dating and placing in
- Daily returns to the Executive Chef, complete production and set-up sheet.
- Responsible for immediately reporting malfunctions of equipment.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule as outlined, returning all cleaning and soap detergent agents to storage area in dish room after each use.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Minimum A.A.S. degree in Food Service with one year previous experience; or equivalent
- Familiarity with a variety of cooking methods and procedures
- Ability to sequence and schedule demands and determining timing for use in equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel crouch for most or all of shift
- Must be able to lift or move up to 40 pounds
- ServSafe Certification a plus ++
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience