Registered Dietician - Irondequoit Campus
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is currently looking for a Registered Dietitian for the Irondequoit Campus. The primary focus of this position is proactively facilitate each household’s effort to promote the nutritional well-being of all residents and guides households as needed in providing person – centered dining and nutrition services.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Year – End Bonus
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Opportunities
- Dental, Health & Vision
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Performs professional assessments in accordance with accepted standards of dietetic practice in the long-term care settings
- Monitors nutritional status, formulates nutrition plan of care, and documents within accepted time frames and as needed
- Attend rounds with interdisciplinary team, provide input as it relates to weight changes, skin integrity, and nutrition status
- Present patients/residents who have exhibited weight changes, potential nutrition-related etiology and interventions in place to nursing, medical, and therapy
- Assures that resident rights and responsibilities are honored and met, including the right to refuse or individualize treatment, and monitor the community and household response to resident concerns
- Review and approve safety of food requests for special meals on households with consideration to consistencies, allergies/intolerances, and therapeutic diets
- Work closely Dining and Nutrition leadership towards ongoing menu development and strategies to combat menu fatigue to include seasonal changes, holidays, planned monthly events & specials, demonstration cooking events, special requests and spontaneous meal presentations
- Maintains regular contact with residents and family members to foster open communication and enhance satisfaction with nutrition services
- Lead/champion efforts to continuously improve nutrition-related knowledge and skills to staff in households
- Performs professional audits and observations (examples: Stage 1 and 2 QIS audits, meal rounds, sanitation audits, others), as assigned
- Guides the development and ongoing review of nutrition-related policies and procedures that ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of successful dining and nutrition services
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) or RD eligible Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Nutrition – Preferred
- Serv Safe Certification within 6 months of hire – Required
- C.D.N. – Preferred
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in Dietetics or geriatric nutrition
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification