Pediatrics Nurse Triage-LPN or MA-FT
Pediatric Nurse Triage
Job Description: Managing patient care involves a team of clinical and nonclinical staff interacting with patients and working to achieve patient-centered care. Job descriptions and responsibilities of the care team emphasize a team-based approach to patient care and needs.
LPN or MA required
- Triage patients over the telephone. Assesses and evaluates their concerns. This includes screening the illness, advising the patient in home self-care when appropriate using Schmitt Protocol and facilitating an office visit when necessary. Responsible to decide and coordinate timeliness of visit i.e., emergency room, urgent, this week, next week, etc.
- Teach patients (and parents/guardians/family members) about diagnosis, treatment, and medications. Provide emotional support to patients and parents.
- Use the electronic medical record to document patient care and to communicate with providers and other staff regarding patient needs.
- Refill patient prescriptions adhering to principles of safety and guidance of the Physician.
- Responsible to assist staff members and to stay current with procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong skills in communicating effectively with co-workers, providers, and patients
- Ability to conduct daily functions in an appropriate, professional, and compassionate manner
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Teamwork attitude
- Flexibility to respond to changing demands
- Ability to react calmly and competently in stressful situations
- Effectively utilize computer systems and programs that are necessary to complete daily tasks
- Appropriate assessment and assistance techniques
All representatives of MMC are expected to
1) promote an image of professionalism
2) perform all duties asked of them in a timely and efficient manner
3) focus primarily on providing excellent customer service.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job
requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Main Campus - 1272 Garrison Drive, 1272 Garrison Drive, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States of America