Close date: Open until filled
Responsible for structural repairs that require various welding including Mig and Stick welding. Fabricating parts, torching and air arching as needed. Works with Fleet Mechanics in performing repairs on various County vehicles and equipment. The position will design and fabricate special tools and equipment needed for daily operations. Will perform disassembly and reassembly to facilitate welding repairs.
- To inspect winter equipment for needed repairs; to perform repairs as needed, which may include structural welding on mild steel and stainless metals; to fabricate parts, torch and air arch as needed; to support various County departments during Winter operations to repair plows and various winter equipment; to remove and install new cutting edges on plows.
- To inspect and assess County vehicles for structural repairs that require various welding, design, and fabrication techniques; To torch and air arch, as needed; To complete repairs that include as assembly and reassembly of components to complete repairs; to work with Fleet Mechanics on the implementation of vehicles and equipment repairs.
- To complete and file paperwork related to repairs and maintenance per Fleet policy; to track and order metal inventory as needed.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education, License/Certification and Experience
- Current residency within the State of Wisconsin
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required and must be maintained throughout employment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Two (2) years of welding experience, which must have included, mig welding, stick welding, plasmas cutting, and torching. Completion of a welding apprenticeship program may substitute for the required experience. Full-time training in welding may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- Basic knowledge in Diagnostic software and fleet work order system familiarity.
- Job Family 15 - Other
- Job Function 7 Skilled Craft Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $21.55
- Max Hiring Rate $24.93
- Milwaukee, WI, USA