Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, House of Corrections, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Closing Date: June 9, 2022 or upon the receipt of 50 application submissions.
Department: House of Correction
Hourly Range: $14.27 - $18.30/hr
The objective of Resident Services is to maintain an accurate and confidential account of a resident's money. We serve as the resident's bank giving them the option to purchase commissary, phone credits, media funds, and pay expenses incurred while residing in our facility.
- Front Desk & Phones - Answer House of Correction (HOC) main phone lines using JMS to retrieve information to pass onto public.
- Mail - Transport mail from HOC to the Criminal Justice Facility (CJF) daily. Pick up or drop off Judgement of Convictions. Sort incoming/outgoing USPS mail, code and deliver to residents daily.
- Grievances - Answer resident grievances daily and close out requests. Forward grievances to correct departments to provide solutions.
- Resident Services Support - Enter data, cut checks/debit cards, make deposits, answer phones and inquiries from resident's grievances, close accounts, transfer accounts and run reports from CORE database.
- Manages Haircut Lists - Manage requests, charge residents and create spreadsheets for barber. Responsible for haircut list for indigent residents.
- Vendor Support & Resident E-Media - Screen all incoming and outgoing emails for residents. Communicate with residents and troubleshoot media issues. Liaison for the residents when dealing with 3rd party vendor issues. Work directly with vendor's customer service and IT staff.
- Ability to properly or safely operate: vehicles, kiosks, e-media tablets, copy machines, computers and general office equipment.
- Ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, License/Certification and Experience
- Current residency within the State of Wisconsin required
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required and must be maintained throughout employment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required
- Three (3) years or more of Customer Service work experience required
- Previous data entry experience required
- Strong typing skills required
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to handle complaints and difficult customers required
- Basic knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required
Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the State of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
- Job Family 11- Corrections
- Job Function 6 Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 8885 S 68th St, Franklin, WI 53132, USA