Data Analytics and Strategy Manager
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, House of Corrections, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Department: Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
Salary Range: $78,374.40 - $93,350.40/yr
Job Summary: Under the direction of the EMS Division Director, the Data Analytics and Strategy Manager will build as well as manage the infrastructure and team to support the evolving need for data both within and outside the Office of Emergency Management (OEM). This position is responsible for effectively analyzing, planning, organizing and leading teams to execute strategy and to serve an expanding audience including OEM, EMS, the CEx, local health department and systems, local officials, and the public.
- Recruit and hire team of data analytics professionals. Onboard a suite of data analytics and science tools. Develop processes to standardize data requests, project initiation, development, and build cross-sector collaborative relationships to align strategic initiatives.
- Serve as POC and project lead for both internal and public-facing reporting for public health and EMS related initiatives when data is leveraged, including the on-going COVID-19 cross-collaborative response and Milwaukee County COVID-19 Dashboard and supporting analyses.
- Leverage a suite of tools including Microsoft Excel, Power BI, R, SQL, machine learning tools and Python to clean, manipulate, transform, analyze, automate, and visualize data insights.
- Manage, mentor, and retain members in area of supervision. Establish and maintain a professional culture. Set up development strategies to promote high performing staff and work environment. Lead performance management process for area of supervision.
- Serve as Vice Chair for the Milwaukee County EMS research subcommittee to ensure a seamless intake and approval process of proposals and corresponding data requests.
- Engage in data initiatives to support County Executive’s office as well as OEM leadership in strategic planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current residency within the State of Wisconsin required
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's License required which must be maintained throughout employment
- High School Diploma and nine (9) years of work experience in a Data Analytics, Strategic Planning or Research role OR Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Information Technology or a closely related field and five (5) years of work experience in a Data Analytics, Strategic Planning or Research role required
- Previous work experience in an EMS or healthcare related field is preferred
- Five (5) years or more of experience working in a Supervisory or Management role required
- Previous experience in building a data-driven culture, driving decision-making with data, and audience-specific presentation of data is required
- Able to lift/carry/push/pull up to 20 pounds
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of basic Emergency Medical terminology; knowledge of common Emergency medical services forms and reports; skilled at analysis/reasoning, communication/interpretation, math/mental computation, reading, sustained mental activity (i.e. auditing, problem solving, composing reports). Ability to maintain sensitive or confidential information, explain and gather information, answer queries, or aid internal and/or external contacts. Ability to persuade, conform or recommend course of action with internal and/or external contacts. Ability to perform with a high degree of authority in securing understanding and cooperation with internal and/or external contacts. Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, reports, short correspondence and memos, speak effectively before both internal and/or external group. The ability to act as a leader and make informed/anticipated independent decisions quickly.
Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the State of Wisconsin. The selection process will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral, or performance tests, or other assessment methods.
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
- Job Family 3 - Public Welfare
- Job Function 2 Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Milwaukee, WI, USA