HR Compliance Analyst
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, House of Corrections, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
HR Compliance Analyst
Department – Human Resources (Operations)
Hourly Salary: $18.56 - $23.80
Closing Date: 7/19/2022 @11.59 pm
Job Summary: This position processes-interprets-compiles Human Resources records to meet Wisconsin State Statue (Wis. Stat. § 19.35 and Wis. Stat. § 103.13) in support of the HR Operations Manager-Records Custodian. Provides functional support to HR Operations, I-9 Compliance and auditing, New Employee Orientation facilitation, Records Management, OnBase importing, exporting and trainings, and HR Front Desk support.
- Processes HR Open Records Requests by WI State Statue deadlines - Coordinates, tracks and assists with responding to HR open records requests related to lawsuits (Wis. Stat. § 19.35 and Wis. Stat. § 103.13) with County departments, Personnel Review Board cases, Corporation Counsel, and outside counsel. Excellent writing and communication skills, along with maintaining accurate log of each request.
- Facilitate New Employee Orientation – In a rotation schedule, assist Human Resources Department with facilitating New Employee Orientation and follows-up with new employees and HR field staff to ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Creative continuous improvement within HR Records Management - Incorporates, maintains, and finds continuous best practice in Employee Personnel Records Management and digitization of personnel records. Provides HR staff guidance, training, and support in HR's scanning efforts in Records retention management system(s).
- Provides support with I-9 Compliance and follow-up with HR staff - Provides support with I-9 Compliance, follows-up with HR field staff by auditing and reporting outstanding Milwaukee County I-9 cases to remain in federal compliance.
- Front Office Duties - In a rotation schedule with other HR Operations team members, position provides back-up and relief support by greeting HR visitors in-person or on the telephone, answering or referring HR General call inquiries, responding to HR General Email inbox, assisting with mail processing and other administrative function.
- Other duties as assigned and/or special projects.
- Current resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license at time of application and maintain throughout employment.
- Associates Degree
- One (1) to Three (3) years of experience in Office Administration., Legal Office, or Human Resource Support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with OnBase and Sterling I9 Systems, but not required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Intermittent knowledge of MS Word, Adobe Acrobat and MS Excel.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
- Job Family 15 - Other
- Job Function 6 Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Milwaukee, WI, USA