Real Estate Specialist
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objective of this Role
This position is responsible for providing an effective independent appraisal ordering and review support system for the credit and other lending departments. This position assists in the selection of appraisers and the ordering review and approval of the appraisals and completion of appraisal review checklists. This position is also responsible for completion of the evaluations of residential and commercial real estate when an external appraisal is not required by policy or law.
The Real Estate Specialist will assess risks associated with the real estate appraisal and evaluation for lending channels and protect the financial interests of Midwest BankCentre by adhering to appraisal standards for accuracy and quality and proactively identifies appraisal risk in real estate markets.
- Review and track appraisal and evaluation requests submitted by the commercial loan department.
- Responsible for recommending when an external appraisal is required and when an internal evaluation of real estate is required.
- Request bids and engage qualified real estate appraisers.
- Complete appraisal review checklists on residential and commercial appraisals to ensure for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Complete residential and commercial evaluations on real estate that does not require an external appraisal. Evaluations should comply with the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation guidance and be well-supported. This includes determining if adequate comparable information is available to complete an evaluation of real estate or recommends that an external appraisal be completed if sufficient information is not available.
- Ongoing communication with the lenders and external appraisals to discuss valuation timeframes, appraisal acceptance, potential concerns that impact underwriting/closing loan, and appraisal trends.
- Assist in implementing and being responsible for an automated appraisal management platform.
- Test and review external evaluations on residential real estate.
- Assist on special credit projects as needed.
- Assist Loan Review Officer with loan review reporting and borrower reviews.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Business Acumen
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related field is required.
- 2+ years of bank appraisal review experience preferred. Commercial lending or regulatory examiner may be considered in lieu of bank appraisal review experience.
- Strong analytical, technical, and statistical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to interact cordially with coworkers and vendors to accomplish common tasks.
- Ability of coping with pressure and adversity in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA