Commercial Lender, CED (Hybrid)
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021 and 2022!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 17 locations throughout Missouri and Illinois, including the City of St. Louis and St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and St. Clair Counties.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
This role will focus on building, nurturing, and expanding bank relationships in the community and economic development arena. It will deepen connections and access to banking among main street, multicultural markets and marginalized communities. There will also be a focus on community partners, both for small businesses, Non-Profit organizations, and Pillar Faith-Based institutions. A strong understanding of banking principles and ability to create loans and opportunities in all settings, including non-traditional deal creation and partnerships will be essential for success. Relationships are core to the community banking industry; it will be the relationships that this person can forge with our community partners that will define the success of this individual and the team. This organization reaches into all communities in the St. Louis region and the successful candidate will be able to communicate and connect in each of these unique regions.
- Service an existing portfolio of CRE and C&I clients
- Develop new relationships through prospecting, outside calling, networking, referrals, and community involvement.
- Understand the client’s business environment, strategies, and industry to better determine their credit requirements, identify potential new business opportunities and provide need-based solutions.
- Manage existing relationships to enhance profits, increase revenue and mitigate retention risk while delivering an excellent customer service experience to the client.
- Identify cross sale opportunities and facilitate referrals within the bank.
- Actively work to achieve all sales goals (loans, deposits, and generation of fee incomes.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are as required and may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Centric Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Act with Integrity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Results Oriented/Execution
- Strong Business Acumen in Banking
- Relationship Management
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of commercial banking.
- Excellent analytical, consulting and negotiating skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High-energy, result-oriented and works well in a team environment.
- Strong client relationship, marketing presentation and sales/closing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field OR equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of commercial banking lending experience required
- Prior experience with tax credit financing and community lending preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. Midwest BankCentre is recognized nationally for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion practices and embraces these practices as a competitive advantage.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other Midwest BankCentre roles!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- 2191 Lemay Ferry Rd, St. Louis, MO 63125, USA