Lynn Branch - Sales & Service Representative
Come join our amazing Lynn Branch team! You’ll find a wonderful work community and a place to develop your career. We offer competitive payrates, comprehensive benefits, and great growth potential.
Sales & Service Representative
The Sales & Service Representative (SSR) assists in the daily operation of the branch including keyholder responsibilities to open/close the branch. The SSR serves as a financial consultant to new and existing Members by providing information about Metro’s products and services, assists and advises Members in determining which products and services best meet their needs, opens Member accounts and provides problem resolution. SSRs participate in sales and service programs and contribute to branch sales goals. As a representative of the Metro brand, you’ll adhere to Metro’s policies, procedures and regulations in providing excellent, quality service to members, co-workers, and management.
We are looking for Part Time (25-30 hours) and Full Time (40 hours) availability to assist the branch during the following hours of operation:
Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday-Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Assist in the daily operation of the branch:
- Open and close branch as needed.
- Assist with balancing branch by performing branch settlement in line with documented SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures); review teller transactions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain cash limits and supply; distribute negotiable instruments.
- Perform branch settlement.
- Process fee waivers and refunds.
- Service and balance all ATMs and cash/coin machines.
- Approve checks and withdrawals in excess of BSSR limits.
- Assist in branch audits, issues and destroy bait money, report counterfeit currency and prepares CTRs.
- Perform system overrides as required.
- Authorize waiving of check holds when appropriate.
- Sign official checks up to designated authority level.
- Serve as backup to teller line, as needed
- Open deposit accounts for Members after performing needs assessment to determine best financial solution. Accurately complete all account opening requirements, including obtaining all applicable security clearances and required signatures.
- Conduct consumer loan interviews and home equity loan interviews; assist Members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met. Communicate the status of loan applications to Members. Contribute to branch sales goals, makes effective referrals to retail partners (mortgage lending, commercial lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program).
- Resolve product and service complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Comply with all Metro policies and SOPs, with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act. Maintain Member confidentiality and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of banking experience required
- Skills and Traits
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to focus on the customer
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous financial services and sales skills preferred
- General knowledge of computer software, data input, and Windows-based applications
- Dependable, responsible, and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use office equipment (calculators, ATMs, cash dispensers, coin counters, etc.) and lift teller drawers and bags of coins that can weigh up to 50 pounds
Why Join our team:
- Comprehensive Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- Annual bonus eligibility; annual retention bonus vesting program
- 401(k) with matching plan & safe harbor plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D)
- Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities with development plans and position-related or job-related tuition assistance to help you attain your long-term career goals
- Growing, dynamic environment - no day is ever the same and join an exceptional team
- Exceptional training program (classroom, on-the-job, and mentoring) – you bring a service-oriented attitude and a strong work ethic, we’ll train you for success!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lynn, MA, USA