Universal Service Specialist
Looking to build a career in banking/credit unions? We have recently launched a premier services team of professionals who will be cross-trained on all of our products and channels to serve our Members at the highest levels of service and sales. This is an exciting time to join this new team – we seek eager, ambitious, service-oriented candidates who want to build their skill set, grow with our organization, and serve our Members with top-shelf service and communications.
The Universal Service Specialist (USS) role is focused on addressing Member needs across a variety of delivery channels – such as face to face, over the phone, chat, and video banking. As you take on additional job functions, you will increase your contributions to the organization and have access to greater responsibilities and earning potential. This is a great entry role into a long-term career in this industry – and with Metro Credit Union!
The USS will guide our Members through a variety of financial transactions and provide new and existing Members with information about Metro’s offerings, assisting and advising which products and services best meet their respective needs. Open Member accounts, provide problem resolution, often working interdepartmentally to research and resolve issues.
These are visible roles with much exposure across departments and all levels of the organization. You will participate in sales initiatives and service programs to meet both department and credit union goals. The USS role provides float coverage for various job functions in both front-end member service and back-end support services. You will cover staffing needs at various branch locations throughout the Retail banking network and main operations center in Chelsea MA.
- Provide coverage to Member Service Center by assisting Members via phone, Secure Message, and Video Banking channels as assigned based on service level needs.
- Support assigned branches as backup to teller line and platform.
- Identify the financial needs of new and existing Members while providing exemplary service and instilling a strong business relationship.
- Accurately complete all account opening requirements, transactions, and assist with end-of-day branch balancing as assigned.
- Conduct consumer loan interviews; assist Members in the completion of loan applications including verifying identification, obtaining required signatures and ensuring that approval conditions are met.
- Contribute to all sales goals, make effective referrals to Retail partners (Mortgage Lending, Commercial Lending, Metro Insurance Advisors, Investment Program, Cash Management).
- Make decisions as outlined in documented Retail Authority Guidelines and handles escalated Member decisions in the absence of a Manager.
- Resolve product and service complaints by determining cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction/adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Comply with all Metro policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), with particular attention paid to OFAC and security transactions, and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Maintain Member confidentiality and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School diploma with minimum of 2 years banking experience required;
- Banking, Credit Union, or Financial Services experience
Skills and Traits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and ability to work with accuracy
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Flexibility, resourcefulness - able to respond to increasing levels of responsibility and organizational needs
- Demonstrated technology abilities: navigating between platforms, learning new technology.
Why Join our Team:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
This is an exciting time to join our organization as part of this newly created team!
Apply Today to learn more!
The Universal Service Specialist team does not offer remote work arrangements. The onboarding and training for this team requires new hires on-site in our Chelsea location for the initial 4-6 months of employment.
As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA