Risk and Compliance - Compliance Analyst
Take your career to the next level as an Analyst helping support the risk and compliance needs of our growing organization. The Risk & Compliance Analyst has responsibility for completing and documenting many of the risk management and compliance functions of the Credit Union. The position leverages several tools to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and manage swift remediation of self-identified control deficiencies
- Carry out the risk management and compliance activities of the Credit Union in accordance with established policies and procedures. Adherence to those policies and procedures is vital to the overall success of the Risk and Compliance program.
- Conduct independent reviews of a range of items and communicate findings to management for review and remediation:
- Membership forms and documents
- File maintenance reports for functional departments
- Security Admin reports
- Collaborate with Retail Admin and Training to communicate deficiencies identified. Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to align with current practices.
- Administer application access (new users, modifications, deletions) to assigned technology systems in accordance with established policies, procedures, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Reset passwords as necessary in accordance with established SLAs.
- Document, track results, and prepare reporting of information obtained from business units in relation to monitoring for their respective areas. Complete other risk and compliance activities (utilizing WolfPac and other available systems) as outlined in the Compliance Management Program.
- Provide feedback to management regarding risk management and compliance management functions. Continuously strive to improve process and operational efficiency
- This position is based in our Chelsea Office
- Is eligible for our Hybrid Work Agreement (requiring minimum of 2 days/week on-site
- Requires regular travel to each of the Credit Union’s 19 branches.
- Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or finance required; Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of risk or compliance experience
- Strong computer skills required with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with COCC Insight and Identifi is preferred.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate information – both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply common sense understanding to analyze data and directions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Capacity to work independently with multiple priorities and deadline-orientation.
Why Join our Team:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
Our hybrid work arrangements require a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location, managed within each department. All new hires are required to onboard for a minimum of 30 days on-site in Chelsea.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA