Consumer Loans - Sr. Consumer Loan Processor
Come join our growing consumer loans team! Perform a variety of Loan Servicing functions in connection with Consumer Loans including providing courteous and knowledgeable service and follow through for the team’s objectives and for our Members.
- Serve in liaison role with frontline staff on consumer loan documents and procedures
- Perform OFAC to verify Membership eligibility prior to setting up Member accounts; process Member applications and ID cards; call National Check Protection Service for new Members
- Process complex and routine consumer loans with detail-orientation; review loan documents for accuracy; prepare required paperwork and disburse checks, ensuring correct loan terms and parameters and compliance with Regulations
- Notify parties involved of any discrepancies and follow up until issues are resolved
- Monitor the balancing of the General Ledger account daily - process various debits and credits and issue checks from GL accounts
- Send wire transfers via third-party vendor
- Maintain loan accounts after closings
- Collect fees associated with particular products (i.e. Vendor Single Interest Insurance fee and recording fees)
- Provide inter-departmental assistance where needed, Indirect and Direct; Assist managers with training needs as they arise
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years consumer lending required
Traits, Skills, and Certifications
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel, Internet navigation)
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to work with accuracy and quality control.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present information in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Knowledge of Consumer Lending Regulations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and priorities
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
- Please note, our post-COVID hybrid work location program requires a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location. All of our positions require New Hires to be onsite for the initial 30 days of Onboarding
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic, expanding organization - Apply Today to learn more!
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
Our hybrid work arrangements require a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location, managed within each department. All new hires are required to onboard for a minimum of 30 days on-site in Chelsea.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA