Consumer Loan Servicing Representative
Consumer Loans – Loan Servicing Representative
Chelsea, MA 02150
Come join our growing consumer loans team! Perform a variety of Loan Servicing functions in connection with Consumer Loans including providing courteous and knowledgeable service and follow through for the team’s objectives and for our Members.
- Maintain, manage and track all pending/outstanding titles.
- Perform loan account maintenance, as needed (i.e. payment deferrals, freeze line of credits, etc.).
- Act as a liaison between Metro and external contacts (i.e. Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Provide accurate pay-off quotes for existing consumer loans as necessary.
- Work interdepartmentally to respond to loan inquiries, issues, and/or member requests.
- File and monitor credit insurance and debt protection claims.
- Ensure funds received from claims are properly applied to the member’s loans in a timely manner.
- Prepare mortgage discharges for paid off documented boat loans and loans secured by a real estate property. Record and release UCC.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous consumer lending experience preferred
Traits, Skills, and Certifications
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel, Internet navigation)
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to work with accuracy and quality control.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present information in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Knowledge of Consumer Lending Regulations preferred
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
This is an exciting time to join our organization - Apply Today to learn more!
As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
Our hybrid work arrangements require a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location, managed within each department. All new hires are required to onboard for a minimum of 30 days on-site in Chelsea.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA