Member Service Center - Sales & Service Agent
Deliver exceptional customer service as part of our amazing Call Center team providing support and resolution to our Members. Serve an integral role in the Member experience. Identify cross-sell opportunities and recommend appropriate products and services as appropriate.
- Answer telephone inquiries, respond to Interactive Teller Machine requests, Live Chats, Video Bankding to provide information and problem resolution on a variety of products, services, and problem resolution.
- Informing members of the services and products that are available.
- Transferring funds between accounts.
- Opening and closing accounts.
- Correcting errors on accounts.
- Responding to ATM and Debit card inquiries and servicing requests (limits, hot carding, etc.).
- Assisting Members with Home-Banking inquiries and servicing issues.
- Processing changes to accounts; provide information on account opening and disclosures.
- Adhere to Member authentication procedures, compliance, credit union policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Conduct telephone interviews with Members who request a consumer loan; and complete the application for the member during the interview. Explain rates, terms, payment amounts and payment protection options to the Member.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all credit union products by attending all training and informational meetings and incorporate the knowledge and skills into daily responsibilities.
- Determine cross-sell opportunities and propose the appropriate product and/or service to the Member based on their needs expressed.
- Responsible for meeting daily productivity metrics and monthly sales goals while keeping Service Quality the top priority.
- Exceptional customer service attitude and some customer service experience required. Some sales experience strongly preferred.
- High School or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Customer-oriented, positive approach, with an ability to effectively present information over the audio and video interactions.
- Ability to learn new technology is a must - you'll be managing between several platforms.
- Experience with Banking platforms (Fiserve, Insight, DNA, or COCC) is ideal
- Resourceful, able to multitask and review multiple systems for answers
- Ability to work in bullpen environment, remaining focused while working closely with the team
- Strong attention to detail with ability to work with percentages and decimals.
Please note: As a condition of employment, this job will require employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, new hires must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you need an accommodation of any kind, including related to this job requirement, please discuss with Human Resources.
Why Join our team:
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro. Member Services provides you with a knowledge base to grow into a range of roles and departments
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
Due to variety and complexity of systems and processes, the Member Services dept. requires the first 6 months to be on-site in Chelsea. After initial 6 months, hybrid work agreements require 2 days/week in Chelsea office.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-chartered Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA