Consumer Loans - Indirect Loan Processor
Consumer Loans – Loan Funding Specialist
Chelsea, MA 02150
Responsible for the review, preparation, and funding of consumer loans. Verify overall accuracy and coordinate disbursement of funds while maintaining compliance with Metro and industry best practices and regulations.
- Review new loan documents for accuracy on a variety of Consumer, Mortgage and Commercial products.
- Prepare required paperwork, ensuring correct loan terms and parameters prior to onboarding loans to core system.
- Verify all member information and ensure documents are in compliance with government regulations and Credit Union policies.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies and accuracy issues to ensure proper loan documentation.
- Notify parties involved of any discrepancies, follow up until issues are resolved. Provide support to front line staff with loan documentation and closing/funding procedures
- Verify membership eligibility prior to setting up member accounts. Open new checking/savings accounts on host system, process member applications, ID cards, perform OFAC and Chexsystems member review, order checks for checking accounts and lines of credit.
- Accurately collect and post fees, escrow, etc. associated with a particular product to general ledgers.
- Process ACH file, wires or other forms of loan disbursement/loan proceeds to dealers, attorneys, members, etc.
- Perform required loan maintenance post-closing.
- Provide support to Indirect and Commercial Sales staff, front line Retail, and originations staff regarding funding requirements and procedures.
- Respond promptly to all inquiries regarding loan set ups, requests for research on pending or funded loans, adjustments, update contact information. Process follow-up letters and loan documents to inquiries. Prepare and mail correspondence to new and existing members.
Education and Experience
Traits, Skills, and Certifications
- Working knowledge of loan documentation and consumer loan regulations preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to work with accuracy and quality control.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present information in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks as same time.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees working minimum of 20 hours/week; Metro provides assistance toward premiums and copays
- All staff eligible for annual bonus and annual (vesting) retention bonus
- 401(k) with matching plan and Safe Harbor Plan – allowing every employee to save for retirement
- Wellness Incentives; Employee Assistance Program; Flexible Spending Account; Prescription Drug program and range of voluntary benefits (LTD, STD, AD&D); Discounts on Pet Insurance
- Strong growth opportunities – attain your long-term career goals at Metro
- Individual Development Plans
- Position-related or job-related tuition assistance (1 year eligibility)
- Superb in-house training programs
- Growing, dynamic environment with a strong culture and exceptional team of co-workers
- Please note, our post-COVID hybrid work location program will require a minimum of 2 days/week on-site in our Chelsea location.
About Metro Credit Union: As the largest state-charted Credit Union in Massachusetts, our focus has always been helping local people, businesses and non-profit organizations reach their goals. Our perspective is unique because it is local and hyper-focused on the specific needs of our local communities. We are a high performing, financially sound, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, owned by and operated for our Members. Our commitment is to provide quality banking solutions that support the economic vitality of the individuals and businesses within the markets we serve. This commitment strengthens local communities, creating a positive impact on people's lives.
This is an exciting time to join our organization - Apply Today to learn more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA