Technology - Technology Operations Specialist
Provides technical support to end users. Ensures that technology services are seamless, transparent, and effectively delivered, and that problems are promptly resolved. Under general supervision is responsible for helping users in solving computer, printer, and core software problems; records and research problems, conducts follow-up action when required; perform user provisioning administration and performs related duties as required.
- Assists users in resolving problems through discussion and analysis within the stated completion time. Serves as first line of support for all helpdesk tickets and calls from employees.
- Takes necessary steps to remedy the problem, including diagnostics and research that may require installations or opening vendor tickets.
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving their issues onsite and remotely.
- Answer incoming calls professionally and courteously within the specified timeframes and create tickets accordingly
- Ability to present thoughts in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of customer issues and their resolutions
- Install and configure desktop application, gain in-depth understanding of the functions of each software application.
- Installs or modify workstations/mobile devices, performs preventative maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs workstations and peripheral equipment. Refer to second tier specialists if necessary.
- Perform system user provisioning for new employees, transfers, name changes, management changes and terminations as they apply to the technology environment.
- May assist with technology projects and change controls as assigned by management.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned by management.
- Adhere to Service Desk Service Level Agreements
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Work in a team environment but also be able to work independently in order to resolve issues by reviewing in-house standard operating procedures, reaching out to vendors and or exhausting all knowledge bases before escalating to either network support, applications support, or management.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree at minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
- One year working knowledge in a help desk environment
- Knowledgeable and ability to in applying basic IT principles and practices to address Tier 1 issues.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communicate effectively with these skills; and to establish/maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and Metro Credit Union employees
- Strong problem-solving abilities, Capable of gathering and investigate issues and drawing conclusions.
- Solid organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Java, all web browsers, windows operating systems, Apple IOS
- General Office environment
- Sits for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift/move approximately 50lbs
- Ability to get under desks and in small places to repair and troubleshoot hardware problems
- Some travel to branch sites required
- Hours may vary between the hours of 7am to 8pm Monday through Friday and 8am-3pm on Saturday
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA