Mortgage Originations - Mortgage Business Development Officer
The Mortgage Business Development Officer is responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with referral partners outside of Metro to increase mortgage volume and drive business to the Mortgage Lending Department, resulting in increased closed loan units and closed loan volume, while creating a high-level member experience for borrowers and referral partners. This individual supports Metro’s Mortgage Specialists by developing and maintaining a strong client referral base, promoting the credit union’s products and services to new clients including homebuyers, homeowners, realtors, builders, financial planners. Originates mortgage loans through their own prospecting efforts.
This is a highly interactive position that engages with multiple departments, including mortgage originations, retail branches, retail business development and marketing. The Mortgage Business Development Officer represents the credit union in a professional manner and provides quality service to members, referral partners and third party vendors and/or internal credit union staff and management.
Cultivate and develop relationships within the real estate and business communities to increase volume of mortgage loan applications. Educate business partners on Metro’s products and services.
Actively participate in industry-related professional organizations, networking groups and local municipality/homeownership agencies within Metro’s field of membership.
Collaborate with Mortgage Specialists in order to develop, grow and strengthen business partner relationships through prospecting, farming and follow-up activities. Add value and growth to annual funded loan volume.
Participate in mortgage educational opportunities and other events with Metro’s Select Employee Groups (SEGs) with the goal of increasing awareness of Metro’s mortgage products and services and generating mortgage leads.
Develop leads and prospects through own networking and contacts; consult with applicants on various types of financing solutions; take mortgage applications and assist members through the mortgage process.
Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
Dynamic, talented, self-motivated sales professional who has the ability to identify and develop sales opportunities. Maintains a thorough knowledge of credit union products, government and GSE mortgage programs, and Federal mortgage regulations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field with a minimum 2 years of experience in business development and mortgage sales originations; and/or combination of education and experience required.
- Proven record of delivering measurable sales results; strong knowledge of and network in the real estate industry, including relationships with real estate agents and other industry professionals.
- 2-5 years of real world outside business development or sales experience, preferably mortgage-related.
- Strong people and relationship management skills.
- Active NMLS Registration required.
- Strong external sales and networking skills; ability to create trust between real estate agents/referral partners and mortgage specialists.
- Experienced in using a CRM.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent writing skills and knowledge of style elements with ability to think creatively; excellent interpersonal skills including ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Comfortable developing internal relationships with the mortgage specialists, branch team members and business development officers.
- Must be comfortable in an outside sales environment with indirect supervision.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chelsea, MA 02150, USA