HR Generalist II
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resources function including orientation, compensation, generating reports and enforcing company policies and practices. This position performs professional level human resources works and carries out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as staffing, employee relations, compensation, training, employment, labor relations, safety, and research associated with various employment questions.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR department for various branches within their District and carries out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains related records.
- Assesses company policies, programs and procedures and informs employee and management on the interpretation of them.
- May have lead or professional responsibilities over lower level support and clerical personnel.
- With Corporate Talent Acquisition Department facilitates the timely hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for the openings.
- Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
- Maintains employee records ensuring completion and accuracy of detail such as employee information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure and other key details.
- Supervisors the training of new hires for orientation and may conduct new hire orientation
- Performs routine task required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to DayForce maintenance, leaves, resignation, terminations, discipline matters, exit interviews, uniform inventory and hourly compensation process and Loomis Academy training process.
- Assists with the administration of employee records in DayForce via the Employee Kiosk including benefit changes, name changes, tax exemption changes, address changes.
- Handles employee disputes and investigations with the DHRM oversight.
- Maintains compliance with the HR Audit requirements and obtains a passing score.
- Handles employment related inquiries from employees and staff, related to complex and/or sensitive matters.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations. Reviews DayForce and policies and practices to maintain compliance. May develop and propose improvement to policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of human resources and operations.
- Participates and represents the company on Unemployment requirements to include documentation and telephone hearings
- Performs other duties and project work as assigned by the District HR Manager (DHRM).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle confidential situations with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel or related software.
- Ability to present professional presentations via various media formats.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Ceridian DayForce systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, or related field and/or
- 3-5 years of HR related experience and proven HR applied proficiency.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Job Family Exempt
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Loomis Armored Birmingham, AL, 517 35th St N, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America