IT - Sr System Engineer/Administrator
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated issues on networked systems, coaching other engineers to resolutions, engineering and implementing complex projects, and maintaining and overseeing the technology of their services. This role is a key position within the engineering department and will be called upon to resolve the highest-level technical issues. This support is crucial to the delivery of the company’ s mission.
SR. WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years in information technology
• 5+ years working on large scale multi-site networks
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
• Strong proficiency, analytical and problem-solving skills with the following:
• VMware, VRops and VRA
• AD and DNS
• Exchange 2010-2106 / 0365
• Windows Server 2008-2019
• Storage and backup technologies
• SQL Always On
• Ability to work independently and make independent decisions through detailed analysis and review
• Excellent listening skills
• Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Office Environment
• Ability to travel out of state up to 30% of the time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners with the engineering, infrastructure, security, and project management teams to help implement new systems that are scalable and highly resilient.
• Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
• Virtualization technologies: VMware, Microsoft, Horizon View
• Microsoft related Technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL,
• Remote access, Terminal Services
• Monitoring and management of systems
• Design, document and maintain Standard build practices and procedures
• Communicate with customers as required
• Strong problem-solving skills, innovation, collaboration, and analysis
• Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
• Adheres to Company and IT policies.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related job experience
• Preferred certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP or CCNA.
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Houston, TX, USA