Armed Driver Guard ($5k Bonus with Active Permits)
In fact, many of our company’s managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
Position Pays: $19.00/hr
- ENTRY LEVEL POSITION- NO PERMITS REQUIRED UPON HIRE
- Loomis will cover all costs of CA Guard Guard and Exposed Firearm License
As an Armored Driver Guard, you work with your team to ensure the safe and secure pickup and delivery of cash, coin, and valuables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving automatic and/or standard shift vehicles from 8,000 to 36,000 pounds a minimum of 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, in accordance with a designated route, making stops at a minimum of 30 customer locations.
- Servicing ATM machines on a set schedule, including re-supplying replenishing, retrieving deposits, and monetarily balancing the machine.
- Picking up/delivering customer change orders/deposits carrying a minimum of 50 pounds by hand or up to several hundred pounds by cart, a minimum of 30 stops per day for a minimum of 4-5 hours, 5 days per week.
- Loading/unloading vehicle cargo consisting of multiple bags and boxes of coins, weighing as much as 50 pounds per item, 5-6 days per week.
- Counting items, recording amounts and serial numbers, signing and dating receipts and manifests, sorting individual cargo items by route.
- Ability to repeatedly perform heavy lifting and carrying items by hand in an unrestricted manner for covering significant distances (several yards).
- Ability to push/pull dollies/carts loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in accordance with Driver Physical Qualifications established by the US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
- Drive automatic armored vehicles and other vehicles on designated routes servicing customer locations
- Service ATMs and Smart Safes
- Service customer stops, including delivering customer change orders and picking up deposits.
- Load/unload vehicle cargo including multiple bags and boxes of coins
- Count items, record, and sign for cargo items
- Other duties as assigned by management
- At least 21 years of age
- At least a 3 year driving record
- Ability to obtain Medical Examiners Certificate via US Department of Transportation approved medical examiners
- A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms requirements may be required
- Full-time schedule potentially consisting of an average 40 to 50 hours/week, with minimum of 5 days during a 6-day period. Occasional weekend work
- Approximately 90-95 percent of work performed in air-conditioned vehicle within individual compartments (front and rear)
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry leading Training and Development
- Job Family Hourly
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.00
- Stockton, CA, USA