*This position can be based out of Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company’s managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
- A proactive approach to preventing losses/injuries, whether to our employees, third parties, or customer's valuables. They include but are not limited to cash in transit, auto losses, or injuries.
- Investigate all incidents, claims, and losses that may expose the company to financial losses, whether they are covered by insurance or not.
- Ensures the execution of established risk or operational policies and procedures associated with risk mitigation.
- Supports field operations around internal/external investigations, risk mitigation, safety and security protocols, and risk training and development of the leadership teams.
- Multi-state responsibility within a specified geographical area.
- Demonstrate management leadership charged with achieving the goals of the company, both in safety and cargo losses.
- Establishes a risk business plan consistent with the company's objectives that equally combines the tenets of workplace safety addressing Workers Compensation, injury prevention, vehicle crash avoidance through improved driver performance, and proactive monitoring programs that identify and correct behavioral problems.
- Equally ensures execution of risk tools at the branch level to include robbery prevention and other processes that reduce customer asset losses.
- Effectively utilizes and ensures branch application of established risk mitigation tools.
- Continuously evaluates loss trends to ensure new emerging risks are readily identified and appropriate plans implemented.
- Assures an effective claims management program is in place. The program reflects timely reporting of losses and verifies prompt, accurate investigations occur.
- Provides management guidance in the physical security requirements for new or the upgrading of existing facilities and equipment.
- Periodically conducts branch review of policies and procedures to verify compliance.
- Required to personally investigate internal/external complex losses of significant value in the casualty and cargo areas.
- Monitor and follow up on all Branch Compliance Audit findings and corrective actions to ensure a timely solution.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years' related work experience that reflects continuous management and leadership growth.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines while ensuring high quality of work.
- Skills demonstrating knowledge or proficiencies in cash management/handling, employee training, interview techniques, transportation, and loss investigation are desirable.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with computer skills involving spreadsheets and presentations.
- Strongly preferred to have Professional designation in security management (e.g., ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Professional designation in physical security (e.g., ASIS Physical Security Professional (PSP))
- Strong interview, interrogation, and investigative skills required. W-Z or Reid training preferred.
- Willingness to travel ~60%.
*In addition to a full range of competitive benefit offerings, this position is bonus eligible.
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.