Full Stack Developer
Loomis US is searching for experienced, passionate, and talented candidates for the position of Full Stack .NET Developer. We appreciate you taking the time to review the list of qualifications and to apply for the position. If you don’t fill all the qualifications, you may still be considered depending on your level of experience.
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis Armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company’s managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
This position is responsible for developing and working on the premier customer facing product for Loomis. In this role, you will build and support cutting edge applications that keep money moving in society using the latest technologies. You will join a team of dedicated developers from around the globe with an eye on the future. And, as a part of the larger Loomis team, you will be a part of a company that directly impacts our way of life yet still treats you like family. You will be encouraged to grow and succeed every step of the way by your team that encourages self-management, flexibility, and applauds self-starters and problem-solvers. Bring your passion for technology and a high degree of aptitude for success in this role.
· Consistently deliver high-quality software meeting/exceeding requirements
· Assist other developers, analysts, and architects in conceptualizing and developing new software applications ensuring rollouts are successful.
· Regularly participate in technical design, design reviews, code reviews and status updates
· Maintain support for and improve existing applications
· Work directly with business development teams to gather and analyze requirements and propose solutions with reasonably accurate estimates for projects
· Grow your knowledge of the solution areas you represent and the value and impact that your solutions provide to the company and align with its values and goals
· Help specify, develop & thoroughly test code and overall applications
· Communicate comprehensively with team and stakeholders to ensure requirements and deadlines are met
· Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
· Apply leading software development practices and standards into robust and maintainable software solutions
Skill Set and Qualifications
· Generally curious with a thirst for learning and improving, a natural problem-solver
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field; or equivalent practical experience
· Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience utilizing C#, SQL Server and the .NET platform
- Experienced with writing Unit Tests and planning & executing large integration tests across multiple environments
- Solid understanding of n-tier Architecture
- Experience with SOAP and REST based web services
· Possesses ability to conceptualize, break down, and solve complex problems
· Understands principles of relational database design
· Familiar with User Interface Design and Development
· Familiar with version control and continuous integration/deployment systems
· Familiar with Agile development processes (Scrum, Sprints)
· Possess the ability to organize, plan and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones
· Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately
· Strong communication skills with the ability to present updates, interface with team members and other departments.
· Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
· Preferred, demonstrated skills will take precedence over education
Experience in development using C#/.NET Framework/Core
Experience in database schema design and development with MS SQL Server and tools
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
- Job Family Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Loomis Armored Corporate Office Houston, TX, 2500 CityWest Blvd, Houston, Texas, United States of America