Research Technician I (Vijayanand)
Research Technician I
A full-time position for a research technician is immediately available at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (San Diego) in Professor Pandurangan Vijayanand’s laboratory. The Vijayanand lab employs genomic tools, genetics and computational approaches to understand the immunological basis of human diseases. The research involves cellular immunology, molecular biology, flow cytometry, high-throughput next generation sequencing technologies (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Single cell RNA-Sequencing). Experience in any of the above-mentioned techniques is a plus, however pertinent training will be provided. This position requires a 2-4-year commitment.
Publications to Review
- Kusnadi A, et al. Severely ill COVID-19 patients display impaired exhaustion features in SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD8+ T cells. Sci Immunol. 2021. PMID: 33478949.
- Meckiff BJ, et al. Imbalance of Regulatory and Cytotoxic SARS-CoV-2-Reactive CD4+ T Cells in COVID-19.Cell. 2020. PMID: 33096020.
- Chandra V, et al. Promoter-interacting expression quantitative trait loci are enriched for functional genetic variants. Nat Genet. 2021 PMID: 33349701.
- Seumois G, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of allergen-specific T cells in allergy and asthma. Sci Immunol. 2020. PMID: 32532832.
- Clarke J, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of tissue-resident memory T cells in human lung cancer. J Exp Med. 2019. PMID:31227543.
- Benjamin J. Schmiedel, et al. Impact of genetic polymorphisms on human immune cell gene expression. Cell. 2018 PMID: 30449622
- Eschweiler S, et al. Immunomodulatory effects of PI3Kδ inhibition in solid tumors – evaluation in a randomized phase II trial. Nature. 2022. PMID: 35508656.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will support active research and day-to-day operations of our research laboratory. We seek candidates who are diligent and extremely meticulous, who display initiative and will be able to contribute intellectually to the project. The candidate will have to routinely process high numbers of samples; therefore, an exceptional level of organization is required for this position.
Minimum requirements for this position include: a bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in biology, biochemistry or related field; 1-2 years of lab experience in an academic setting is preferable but not necessary; the ability to illustrate the conceptual significance of previous work/training experiences. This is a great opportunity for a talented person to grow in a creative and stimulating work environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume (less than 2 pages including contact information of 2 references) and a brief cover letter.
In 2021, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 22 world-renowned faculty and over 70 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 30+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
With over 20 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA